Best Toilet Seats in 2017: Buyer’s Guide
Buying the best toilet seat may be a bit challenging due to the variety of brands and toilet seat materials that filled the market.
You’d be sifting through different forms and makes like elongated, bidet, padded seat, and even plastic or wooden model.
This versatility of options could get you confused especially if you are first time buyer. If you are looking for good quality seats for your WC and would prefer a bit of guide to enable you to make the right choice, this article has come really handy as it detailed things you need to know about choosing the most comfortable toilet seat and went ahead to make recommendations of a few models that has proven to serve the user’s purpose.
Toilet Seats Comparison Table
This reviews singles out the advantages and disadvantages of each particular seats to help you make your choice.
We have researched and have selected the following best selling products based on users review. They may do the trick for you just as it did for others.
Do not hesitate to make more research yourself to confirm our choices or leave a note if you have a contrary opinion.
1. Mayfair 48SLOWA 000
Mayfair 48SLOWA 000 Slow-Close Molded Wood Toilet Seat has a slow closing seat features. It is easy to clean, alter hinges to take away seat for easy cleaning and replacement.
It is manufactured from durable molded wood with an advanced high-gloss finish. It is a very quiet type but can be hurried up if you’d love to close it more quickly.
This is a round seat that features color-matched bumpers and hinges. It is produced in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, USA with environmentally friendly materials and processes.
It has a STA-TITE Seat Fastening System that does not loosen and installs with ease. It is suitable for all round toilet bowls produced in the US and Canada.
- It resists chipping and scratching.
- It is easy to install
- The toilet seat and lid close slowly and quietly
- It looks stylish
- The seat easily comes off for cleaning
- Both the seat and the lid lower slowly
Although the seat can easily be taken away for cleaning, it takes a little push to get the knob turned to take it off. However, you can easily put it back
The Mayfair 48E2 000 is the topmost toilet seat on our list because it is made from innovative design and comes with a remarkable white theme, a fun-filled round mock-up, and suitable lift-off hinges that stops the cover from banging on the base after use. It also wouldn’t hurt to know that it is price friendly.
It is very easy to clean and also reasonably priced, with a simple STA-TITE binding system. It as well fit all round bowl manufacturers’ toilets.
2. KOHLER K-4694-0 Ridgewood
K-4694-0 is a white finished toilet seat. It is an elongated type of closed-front toilet seat. It is painted wood floor. This toilet seats comes with a great design and is highly durable with a stylish finish.
They are manufactured to provide superior comfort. The color matched polypropylene hinges make possible a secure connection of the seat and the toilet.
The dimensions: of the toilet seat is 17-18.625” W x 14.25” D. The manufacturers of this plumbing product offer buyers one year limited warranty.
Based on users experience kohler is arguably the best brand for toilet seat in the US
- This Kohler -4694-0 Ridgewood toilet seats is beautifully designed and comes with a reliable functionality
- It of standard design making is compatible with most standard toilet size.
- It is produced of compression molded wood which makes available a look and a feel that cannot be attained with other toilet seat materials
- It is structured to fit one and two-piece bowls.
- It comes with a stylish elongated design.
- The plastic hinges that comes with this are durable, resistant to rust, and are easy to install on all forms of toilet
3. KOHLER K-4695-0 Ridgewood
This KOHLER ridgewood round closed front toilet seat is white colored. This is manufactured in United States. It comes with color-matched plastic hinges.
It features compression-molded wood which offers a stylish appearance and a feel that is not achievable with other toilet seat material.
It is ergonomically structured to provide users with super comfort. This Kohler toilet seat has a narrower rear rim than the old plastic one, which is good because it increased the toilet opening.
- The Kohler seat fit suitably and is easy to install.
- It is considered to fit one and two-piece bowls.
- It matches well with the classic lines of many toilets with its conventional design.
- This is highly durable
- It is very comfortable
- Molded wood with lid color-matched the plastic hinges
- It has a heavy weight and thus makes a loud noise if seat is dropped rather lowered gently. The seat itself feels heavy and solid compared to the old plastic one, but it also feels colder to sit on.
- The wood material permits faint wee stains under seat after a few years that hardly come off with cleaning and scrubbing,
- As opposed to other artificial toilet seats, it is cold to sit on
4. KOHLER K-4647-0 Stonewood
This KOHLER stonewood elongated toilet seat with lid is white colored.
It is produced in china and is made of Compression Molded Wood which makes available a stylish look and feel.
The distance between the screw cover, measured from the exterior part of each, is 7″; from within. They are merely above 4″ apart. This toilet seat measures 14″ wide, 15.25″ long and 1.5″ thick.
- It offers a great value for the price
- The seat is heavy and thick
- The color matched polypropylene hinges supply a secure attachment of the seat and the toilet
- Its adaptable design that goes well with the design lines of many toilets
- Designed to fit one and two-piece toilets
- It comes with all the essential hardware like screws and nuts
- Installation is easy. Just place the caps open at the back lay it down and screw it on
- It is highly durable
- It is made from a very high quality materials
- It comes with a very stylish finish
- A few users complain about the seat being too small or short, but the description made it clear that is “Round” shaped. To avoid this you ought to go for an elongated seat if your toilet is not round.
5. Bemis 800EC000
The cleaning instructions for this Bemis toilet seat are included within the package. You must avoid detergents, disinfectants, or cleaning products in aerosol but cleaning with hand soap is okay.
This Bemis 800EC000 can be of either be made of wood or plastic. Read below information to see the difference between the two forms.
The wooden form of this toilet seat:
- Is denser, heavier, feels sturdier. This is considered more appropriate for heavy person.
- Appears to be easily stained and are more resistant to abrasions
- Can twist when it is soaked with moisture when the wood finish wears away and the composite of the wood is laid bare.
The plastic type:
- Is lighter and feels less size-able,
- Is more resistant to stains but easily wears off by abrasion
- Doesn’t wear off or deform as a result of moisture
- It becomes more susceptible to stains when the finish goes off.
- It comes with an easy to clean hinges making it easy to take off for sanitary purposes
- They are comfortable, not cold compared to other seats, and easily remove for cleaning
- It comes with easy, clean and alterable twist hinges to take away seat for easy cleaning and replacement.
- It is easy to clean with a soft damp cloth and a mild detergent. It shouldn’t be cleaned with abrasive cleaners and brushes.
- It is simple to install
- A few users think it is flimsy for them while others don’t notice it.it just depends on your size and usage
- Plastic will scratch, so if you use abrasive pads or cleansers it is to your risk.
- If you shut the lid and sit on it you can feel the lid sink in a little bit. The inner seat is very sturdy and if you have no need to sit on the lid you’ll never observe it.
Best Bidet Toilet Seats in 2017
- GenieBidet Seat
- TOTO Washlet S350e
- TOTO Washlet S300e
- Brondell L60-EW LumaWarm
This second part of the product review is about bidet toilet seat. We reviews the best bidet toilet seat on amazon, with focus on how one is better than the other. Although they’re quite pricey as compared to the regular toilet seat, but if you’ve ever used a bidet toilet seat, you would agree with me that every penny worth it in the long run.
6. GenieBidet Seat
Bidet toilet seats are known for their comfort-ability and GenieBidet Seat isn’t an exemption here. Aside from being the cheapest bidet seat on the list, it is beautifully designed in comparison to most bidet seat.
GenieBidet comes with a separate nozzle that allows proper cleaning for female and the rear.
- Easy installation
- Water Temperature Spray
- None Electric appliance, so no fear of electrocution
- Slow closing lid
- The soft close seat option does not fit round toilet size.
7. TOTO Washlet S350e
If cost is not an issue, the toto washlet s350e is a bidet toilet that everybody should have in their home, or atleast get to use if once in their life time. From the sleek design to fully automated cleaning process, the product is the best you can get for the price range.
Toto washlet s350e has an instantaneous heating system which means you cannot run out of warm water at any point in time. It would automatically detect the presence of users and open the toilet lid. It also closes lid after usage automatically.
Before usage, it premist the toilet boil, making is wet a little bit to avoid stains on the toilet boil.
- Built in night-light that gives colorful glow in the dark
- Auto Deodorizer
- Comes With a Remote Control
- Varieties of temperature control level
- Auto open and closes lid on user approach
- Conserves Energy
- Easy installation
8. TOTO Washlet S300e
This product is a bit similar to the s350e, the major difference is as follows; while the s350e is capable of automatically opening and closing the toilet lid by detecting the user approach, the s300e does not have this feature.
It however has two user preset on the remote control, which means you can save two settings on the remote control and switch based on the user’s choice.
Aside that, the two products are quite similar in pros and cons.
- It does not have a night light.
9. Brondell L60-EW LumaWarm
Another mid-priced bidet toilet that serve it’s function perfectly. Getting a well designed, average bidet toilet seat is not an easy task, but Brondell offers the right solution.
With sleek features such as; heated seat, night led light, with sturdy plastic finishing. This is arguably the most comfortable elongated toilet seat.
- Easy to install
- Heated seat
- Illuminated seat.
- Cable tend to wear off over time.
- Only for elongated toilet size
Factors To Consider When Getting A New Toilet Seat
The life span of toilet seats ranges between 6-10 years. Toilet seats are usually spoiled through cleaning routines although the majority of toilet cleaning methods are devised to sustain their glow and keep them rejuvenated.
Why you may need a new toilet seat
You may be tempted to think, what do I need the information for? After all, the choice of a toilet seat all boils down to personal preferences and opinion.
Yes, you may be right and although it finally boils down to this, getting the opinions of other will help you to know their experience with the toilet seats you plan to go for.
These are the reasons you may need new toilet seats
- ]If you have moved home and would love toilet seats that matches your home design and décor
- If you have been in home with a toilet seat for quite a while and your toilet seats are getting worn out
- You may need to change your toilet seat to save cost instead of going for total remodeling of your toilet.
Types of toilet seat:
There are two basic types of toilet seat: round and elongated toilet seats. The size of a toilet seat is determined by whether it is a round toilet seat or an elongated toilet seat. An elongated toilet seat is normally bigger in size than the round toilet seat.
The size of a round toilet seat is roughly 16.5 inches, while the size of elongated toilet seats is roughly 18.5 inches when measured from the front of the bowl to the center of the hinges at the rear side of the lid.
Choosing between Round and elongated toilet seat size
When looking to buy toilet seat, there are just two sizes of toilet seat you need to consider round size and elongated or oblong toilet seat. It is generally very easy to tell if your toilet is obliged shaped or round shaped. But if you’d love to measure to be sure, get your measurement from the front of the toilet bowl to the middle of the screws at the rear side of your bow or lid area.
- Round Toilet Bowl is 16.5 inches in size
- Oblong Toilet Bowl is 18.5 inches in size
The only difference between them is usually the width of the bowl from side to side. But this is not so much of an issue as the majority of the standard sized toilet seats and lids are able to cover nearly all toilet bowls, even if they’re to some extent narrower or broader than the other.
Choosing A Toilet Seat
While choosing toilet seat, you must put your comfort into consideration first and foremost. Another factor you need to consider is how durable your choice of toilet seat is and whether it is produced with the best selection of materials. Also take into consideration the installation process of the toilet seat. It has to be simple to install and ought to suit your toilet type.
Choosing between Wooden Toilet Seats and Plastic Toilet Seats:
- Plastic lids can easily show minor scratches even from the use of soft sponges during cleaning.
- They can also crack more easily
- Plastic seats are commonly more cost effective and may be made with special modifications such as an automatic slow lid closing.
- Wooden toilet seats are normally more comfortable, thicker and warmer than the plastic toilet seats. Although there are speculations on whether wooden toilet seats are hygienic or not.
- They are as well stronger than plastic seats.
- A wood toilet seat is more flexible, provides more function and are much more durable than the plastic toilet seat.
- However they are much more costly to purchase.
While you need to consider your personal preferences, it is also advised to bear important factors like the durability and the comfort your choice of product comes with. You may also want to put into consideration the type that will match with your home décor to give your home a perfect beauty and shine.
Also, although the wooden toilet seat is more durable and comfortable, you may well consider the plastic options to minimize cost.
Plastic toilet seats are also much easier to clean than the wooden ones. Our selection of products is to give you an idea of the products that are most loved by buyers in the market and the ones that provides sufficient value for the money spent.
Whatever is your final choice, remember your comfort and safety comes first before any other factor.