Best Toilet Seat: Ultimate Buying Guide
Buying the best toilet seat may be a bit challenging due to the variety of brands and toilet seat materials that filled the market.
You’d be sifting through different forms and makes like elongated, settle down, raised models, warm or cold model and even plastic or wooden model.
This versatility of options could get you confused especially if you are first time buyer. If you are looking for best padded toilet
and would prefer a bit of guide to enable you to make the right choice, this article has come really handy as it detailed things you need to know about toilet seats and went ahead to make recommendations of a few models that has proven to serve the user’s purpose.
Best Toilet Seat: Factors To Consider
The life span of toilet seats ranges between 6-10 years. Toilet seats are usually spoiled through cleaning routines although the majority of toilet cleaning methods are devised to sustain their glow and keep them rejuvenated.
Why you may need a new toilet seat
You may be tempted to think, what do I need the information for? After all, the choice of a toilet seat all boils down to personal preferences and opinion.
Yes, you may be right and although it finally boils down to this, getting the opinions of other will help you to know their experience with the toilet seats you plan to go for.
These are the reasons you may need new toilet seats
- If you have moved home and would love toilet seats that matches your home design and décor
- If you have been in home with a toilet seat for quite a while and your toilet seats are getting worn out
- You may need to change your toilet seat to save cost instead of going for total remodeling of your toilet.
Types of toilet seat:
There are two basic types of toilet seat: round and elongated toilet seats. The size of a toilet seat is determined by whether it is a round toilet seat or an elongated toilet seat. An elongated toilet seat is normally bigger in size than the round toilet seat.
The size of a round toilet seat is roughly 16.5 inches, while the size of elongated toilet seats is roughly 18.5 inches when measured from the front of the bowl to the center of the hinges at the rear side of the lid.
Choosing between Round and elongated toilet seat size
When looking to buy toilet seat, there are just two sizes of toilet seat you need to consider round size and elongated or oblong toilet seat. It is generally very easy to tell if your toilet is obliged shaped or round shaped. But if you’d love to measure to be sure, get your measurement from the front of the toilet bowl to the middle of the screws at the rear side of your bow or lid area.
- Round Toilet Bowl is 16.5 inches in size
- Oblong Toilet Bowl is 18.5 inches in size
The only difference between them is usually the width of the bowl from side to side. But this is not so much of an issue as the majority of the standard sized toilet seats and lids are able to cover nearly all toilet bowls, even if they’re to some extent narrower or broader than the other.
Choosing The best toilet seats
While choosing toilet seat, you must put your comfort into consideration first and foremost. Another factor you need to consider is how durable your choice of toilet seat is and whether it is produced with the best selection of materials. Also take into consideration the installation process of the toilet seat. It has to be simple to install and ought to suit your toilet type.
Choosing between Wooden Toilet Seats and Plastic Toilet Seats:
- Plastic lids can easily show minor scratches even from the use of soft sponges during cleaning.
- They can also crack more easily
- Plastic seats are commonly more cost effective and may be made with special modifications such as an automatic slow lid closing.
- Wooden toilet seats are normally more comfortable, thicker and warmer than the plastic toilet seats.
- They are as well stronger than plastic seats.
- A wood toilet seat is more flexible, provides more function and are much more durable than the plastic toilet seat.
- However they are much more costly to purchase.
How to choose the best toilet seat and best toilet seat cover
The only way to choose best toilet seat for toddler and what toilet seat suit your need is to choose between the two types of toilet seat: wooden or plastic. Also, it may be helpful to consider the warranty advantage offered by the manufacturer of the product you hope to purchase before making your final choice. Also, going through toilet review will help you to decide if a toilet seat is good for you or not.
How I selected these five best toilet seats
This toilet seat reviews will single out the advantages and disadvantages of each particular toilet seat to help you make your choice.
We have researched and have selected the following best selling five toilet seats based on their review. They may do the trick for you just as it did for others.
Do not hesitate to make more research yourself to confirm our choices or leave a note if you have a contrary opinion.
Mayfair 48SLOWA 000 Slow-Close Molded Wood Toilet Seat
Mayfair 48SLOWA 000 Slow-Close Molded Wood Toilet Seat has a slow closing seat features. It is easy to clean, alter hinges to take away seat for easy cleaning and replacement.
It is manufactured from durable molded wood with an advanced high-gloss finish. It is a very quiet type but can be hurried up if you’d love to close it more quickly.
This is a round seat that features color-matched bumpers and hinges. It is produced in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, USA with environmentally friendly materials and processes.
It has a STA-TITE Seat Fastening System that does not loosen and installs with ease. It is suitable for all round toilet bowls produced in the US and Canada.
- It resists chipping and scratching.
- It is easy to install
- The toilet seat and lid close slowly and quietly
- It looks stylish
- The seat easily comes off for cleaning
- Both the seat and the lid lower slowly
Although the seat can easily be taken away for cleaning, it takes a little push to get the knob turned to take it off. However, you can easily put it back
The Mayfair 48E2 000 is the topmost best toilet seat on our list because it is made from innovative design and comes with a remarkable white theme, a fun-filled round mock-up, and suitable lift-off hinges that stops the cover from banging on the base after use.
It is very easy to clean and also reasonably priced, with a simple STA-TITE binding system. It as well fit all round bowl manufacturers’ toilets.
KOHLER K-4694-0 Ridgewood Molded-Wood with Color-Matched Plastic Hinges Elongated Toilet Seat.
K-4694-0 is a white finished toilet seat. It is an elongated type of closed-front toilet seat. It is painted wood floor. This toilet seats comes with a great design and is highly durable with a stylish finish.
They are manufactured to provide superior comfort. The color matched polypropylene hinges make possible a secure connection of the seat and the toilet.
The dimensions: of the toilet seat is 17-18.625” W x 14.25” D. The manufacturers of this plumbing product offer buyers one year limited warranty.
- This Kohler -4694-0 Ridgewood toilet seats is very beautifully made and comes with a reliable functionality
- It comes with a versatile standard design that goes well with the standard design lines of several toilets
- It is produced of compression molded wood which makes available a look and a feel that cannot be attained with other toilet seat materials
- It is structured to fit one and two-piece bowls.
- It comes with a stylish elongated design.
- The plastic hinges that comes with this are durable, resistant to rust, and are easy to install on all forms of toilet
KOHLER K-4695-0 Ridgewood Molded-Wood with Color-Matched Plastic Hinges Round-front Toilet Seat, White
This KOHLER ridgewood round closed front toilet seat is white colored. This is manufactured in United States. It comes with color-matched plastic hinges. It features compression-molded wood which offers a stylish appearance and a feel that is not achievable with other toilet seat material.
It is ergonomically structured to provide users with super comfort. This Kohler toilet seat has a narrower rear rim than the old plastic one, which is good because it increased the toilet opening. It is made with best toilet seat material.
- The Kohler seat fit suitably and is easy to install.
- It is considered to fit one and two-piece bowls.
- It matches well with the classic lines of many toilets with its conventional design.
- This is highly durable
- It is very comfortable
- Molded wood with lid color-matched the plastic hingesCons
- It has a heavy weight and thus makes a loud noise if seat is dropped rather lowered gently. The seat itself feels heavy and solid compared to the old plastic one, but it also feels colder to sit on.
- The wood material permits faint wee stains under seat after a few years that hardly come off with cleaning and scrubbing,
- As opposed to other artificial toilet seats, it is cold to sit on
KOHLER K-4647-0 Stonewood Molded-Wood with Color-Matched Plastic Hinges Elongated Toilet Seat, White
This KOHLER stonewood elongated toilet seat with lid is white colored.
It is produced in china and is made of Compression Molded Wood which makes available a stylish look and feel.
The distance between the screw cover, measured from the exterior part of each, is 7″; from within. They are merely above 4″ apart. This toilet seat measures 14″ wide, 15.25″ long and 1.5″ thick.
- It offers a great value for the price
- The seat is heavy and thick
- The color matched polypropylene hinges supply a secure attachment of the seat and the toilet
- Its adaptable design that goes well with the design lines of many toilets
- Designed to fit one and two-piece toilets
- It comes with all the essential hardware like screws and nuts
- Installation is easy. Just place the caps open at the back lay it down and screw it on
- It is highly durable
- It is made from a very high quality materials
- It comes with a very stylish finish
- A few users complain about the seat being too small or short, but the description made it clear that is “Round” shaped. To avoid this you ought to go for an elongated seat if your toilet is not round.
Bemis 800EC000 Plastic Round Toilet Seat with Easy Clean and Change Hinge, White
The cleaning instructions for this Bemis toilet seat are included within the package. You must avoid detergents, disinfectants, or cleaning products in aerosol but cleaning with hand soap is okay.
This Bemis 800EC000 can be of best toilet seat wood or plastic toilet seat. Read below information to see the difference between the two forms.
The wooden form of this toilet seat:
- Is denser, heavier, feels sturdier.
- Appears to be easily stained and are more resistant to abrasions
- Can twist when it is soaked with moisture when the wood finish wears away and the composite of the wood is laid bare.The plastic type:
- Is lighter and feels less size-able,
- Is more resistant to stains but easily wears off by abrasion
- Doesn’t wear off or deform as a result of moisture
- It becomes more susceptible to stains when the finish goes off.
- It comes with an easy to clean hinges making it easy to take off for sanitary purposes
- They are comfortable, not cold compared to other seats, and easily remove for cleaning
- It comes with easy, clean and alterable twist hinges to take away seat for easy cleaning and replacement.
- It is easy to clean with a soft damp cloth and a mild detergent. It shouldn’t be cleaned with abrasive cleaners and brushes.
- It is simple to install
- A few users think it is flimsy for them while others don’t notice it.it just depends on your size and usage
- Plastic will scratch, so is you use abrasive pads or cleansers it is to your risk.
- If you shut the lid and sit on it you can feel the lid sink in a little bit. The inner seat is very sturdy and if you have no need to sit on the lid you’ll never observe it.
The task of choosing the right best toilet seats is not an easy one.
While you need to consider your personal preferences, it is also advised to bear important factors like the durability and the comfort your choice of product comes with. You may also want to put into consideration the type that will match with your home décor to give your home a perfect beauty and shine.
Also, although the wooden toilet seat is more durable and comfortable, you may well consider the plastic options to minimize cost.
Plastic toilet seats are also much easier to clean than the wooden ones. Our selection of products is to give you an idea of the products that are most loved by buyers in the market and the ones that provides sufficient value for the money spent.
Whatever is your final choice, remember your comfort and safety comes first before any other factor.